Introduction To The Best Synthetic Engine Oils Guide
In our modern busy life, our vehicles are subjected to strains by traveling to thousands of miles every year. In fact, on average, most of the American car engines run 12-14 thousand miles every year, and some, even more. Averagely, regular oil will give you 3,000 miles of drive time before you change it. But with the top synthetic engine oil, you are looking to bump up that to 7000-10,000 miles before it is time to change.
The standard full synthetic motor is available in a wide range of velocities; from 0W-20, 5W-20, 5W-40, 5W-30, and so on. Which of the synthetic engine oil will you choose in our guide? That will be on you; ours will be to give you all the information about the top rated synthetic engine oils on the market.
Why Use Synthetic Engine Oil?
A synthetic lubricant contains highly refined base oils than those in conventional mineral oils thereby offering additional engine performance and protection. Synthetic engine oils offer a variety of benefits that will keep your engine running at peak performance.
To understand the benefits of synthetic engine oils, let’s look at the origin of this engine oils. There are three types of lubricants available;
1. Conventional minerals oils- these are the traditional types of mineral oils.
2. Semi-synthetics- these are formed from a blend of synthetic and conventional types.
3. Full synthetic lubricants- these are the latest engine oils and are very popular nowadays
In general, we can classify the above into conventional and synthetic oils. Both are made from crude oil that is mined from the ground. However, synthetic oil is made from advanced refining process and is quality and purer than conventional mineral oils. The refining process not only remove impurities from crude oil but also enable molecules in the oil to be customized to the demands of modern car engines. These tailored molecules provide higher performance and optimal protection.
Synthetic oil performance is more robust, especially in terms of high-temperature stability and low-temperature pump performance, as well as providing protection for your engine against deposits.
More Benefits of Synthetic Engine Oil
– They are naturally high viscosity index. Higher viscosity index gives you a more stable viscosity in the different temperature range. Besides performing well in low temperatures, synthetic engine oils resist thinning at higher temperatures resulting in greater protection across higher operating temperature range.
– Excellent low-temperature performance– pour point measures the lubricants ability to flow at low temperatures. Synthetic engine oils are designed to reduce internal friction. This results in outstanding flow characteristics even at low temperatures. Consequently, your internal components are protected from wear and tear that normally take place during a cold start-up.
– Excellent wear protection– the latest car models must handle increased shock loads and highest torque. Synthetic engine oils provide greater anti-scoring performance, thereby increasing gear life under shock loading and high speeds conditions. They provide excellent wear protection.
– Good thermal stability. These oils have good thermal stability meaning that even if the engine temperatures keeps elevating, your oil stays the same.
– Low traction force. Because of being tailor made and pure, synthetic oils offers low traction force. This means less friction and reduced fuel consumption as well as increased horsepower.
Before We Narrow Down To The Top Rated Synthetic Engine Oils In 2017, Let’s Check The Factors To Consider When Buying Best Synthetic Engine Oil;
1. Viscosity. This is the most important element of an engine oil. Viscosity, in this case, is how fast an engine flows. The viscosity of an engine oil should be not only thin enough to spread evenly over all the engine surface and flow through oil lines at low temperature but also thick enough to lubricate and protect your engine.
2. Fuel Economy– a good synthetic oil reduces friction in the internal pathways of your car to increase fuel economy. By reducing friction, the engine will have less work to circulate the oil. A quality synthetic motor oil will lead to major improvements in fuel economy in modern automotive engines.
3. Frictional and Lubrication Properties– a quality synthetic engine oil should lubricate and reduce friction of the internal parts of an automotive engine. The modern blend of synthetic oils is designed to provide long-lasting lubrication and dramatically reduce friction to critical moving components of the engine.
4. Special Additives– Most of the today’s synthetic engine oils blend useful additives to help prevent deposits, sludge build-up and oil leaks in the engine.
Below Are The Synthetic Engine Oil Reviews
When you speak of synthetic oils, one of the most respected brands is perhaps Royal Purple. This is one of the reasons it is amongst the most trusted within the synthetic oil category. It is compatible with most modern automotive engines that even most of the high-end cars and those cars used in racing events use HPS 5W-20. This is enough testament to its high-quality nature.
Aside from its respected brand name, the product’s proprietor is chemically developed and blended well with base oils to create high-quality motor oil that enhances engine performances.
With its patented additive technology, HPS 5W-20, a high-performance synthetic motor oil, prevents metallic components of the engine from colliding, thus reducing friction between them. This enhances fuel efficiency. It also prevents oil sludge which normally occurs when fuel contains high ethanol levels.
This synthetic oil is very convenient. It is very compatible with both conventional and synthetic oils. It provides unparalleled wear and rust protection making it the top synthetic engine oil on the market. Its improved performance in both diesel and gasoline engines place it among the best in the market.
Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 is API-Licensed- this means that it has been licensed and approved by the American Petroleum Institute and thus has met the warranty requirements of light trucks and most passenger cars sold in the USA.
Key strongholds of Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 that makes synthetic engine oil on the market include;
– It effectively enhances engine performance.
– It reduces friction by preventing metal-to-metal contact.
– It also prevents oil sludge.
– Produces increased fuel efficiency.
If you want to enhance your engine performance, as well as to give it unparalleled protection, then Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 is the best option for you. It is the best suit for light trucks and passenger cars, as it increases your engine fuel efficiency. Choosing Royal Purple 36520-6PK HPS 5W-20 means that you are choosing the best synthetic engine oil on the market.
Mobil 1 5w30 is a premium synthetic oil that will keep your car’s engine running like a new one. It will give your engine extraordinary cleaning power as well as protecting it from wear and tear thereby ensuring optimum performance. Mobil 1 5w30 surpasses the latest standards set by the automotive industry for modern gasoline engines. Like any other Mobil 1 oils, the 5w30 technology is compatible with different car models, including selective high-end car models.
It is an ILSAC GF-4 that provides all-rounded protection. It fulfills the needs of diesel-powered vehicles where CD oil or API CF is recommended. In fact, it is recommended for all types of modern vehicles, including supercharged gasoline, high performance turbocharged, and multi-valve fuel engines found in SUVs, passenger cars, trucks, and vans. However, it should not be used in 2-cycled or aviation oil.
Besides boasting its renowned brand name, another thing that makes this product an excellent choice is its full synthetic oil. This means that there is no additives or crude that is combined with oil. This improves your engine mechanical performance and mileage.
This is an SAE 5W-30 Motor oil; for those who may not be familiar with this terms, it simply means that this oil viscosity in cold temperatures is five and 30 when it is operating at normal temperature. Before purchasing it, check your car manual to know if this is the exact weight rating for the oil you should be using.
Some of the outstanding features that make Mobil 1 5w30 stands out and emerge the 2nd best synthetic engine oil on our list include;
– Help in preventing sludge build up to give your engine longer life span.
– It is the best oil when it comes to protecting your engine parts from wear and tear.
– It delivers outstanding engine performance.
– It has been manufactured through an unconventional full synthetic formula.
– It enhances frictional properties that increase fuel economy.
– Has exceptional oxidation and thermal capacity.
– It has excellent low-temperature capabilities that are perfect for cold-weather starting.
– It helps to extend you engine life by combating with deposit and sludge build up, and reduces wear and tear as well as controlling oil breakdown.
Generally speaking, this synthetic engine oil is among the best on the market and besides, it has been made by a premium brand. You can purchase it on Amazon.
Among other elements, the most notable about this synthetic oil is the fact that it is full synthetic. This means that there are several additives that are added to this formulation. Therefore, you can expect its maximum benefits because of its purity.
The PurePlus Technology incorporated in this synthetic oil is another reason we considered it as the 3rd best synthetic engine oil on our list. This technology was developed by its manufacturer to ensure that it delivers consistent viscosity even at low temperatures. Under this process, uncontaminated natural gas is converted and used to produce the Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 synthetic oil.
It also provides protection from the loss of engine power, thereby giving it added reliability.
Some of the outstanding benefits and features of Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 include;
– It is formulated using unconventional full synthetic formula.
– It delivers incredible engine performance.
– It is an excellent option for ultra-fast protection and cold-weather starting.
– It has enhanced frictional properties to aid in fuel economy.
– It has amazing thermal and oxidation capacity
By taking a look at the massive reviews this synthetic oil has received, we can confidently conclude that Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 is a superior choice. There are many who mentioned that it improves the smoothness of the acceleration and reduces the noise of the motor.
The environment in your car engine keeps on changing on a regular basis and therefore, the engine oil you choose should be able to respond to those changes effectively. Your engine is responsible for taking care of different metallic contact points in it. All of them have different pressures, needs, and temperatures. A good oil such as Castrol 03087-3PK takes care of all these needs.
Castrol Edge Extended Performance Synthetic Oil ensures your engine perform optimally by providing you cat with over 15,000 miles between oil changes.
This oil is 5W-30 and can work well in either extremely low or elevated temperatures. Castrol 5W-30 will provide the best level of protection for your engine to perform optimally. It is refined with an innovative and exclusive formula that moderates volatility to offer a superior defense for essential components of your engine so as it function efficiently.
You travel long, you travel frequently, Castrol 03087 EDGE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil is the best choice for you.
Valvoline 787007 SAE 5W-30 is a full synthetic oil that aims to deliver superior performance and protection to your engine by fighting three major cause of engine breakdown- deposit buildup, wear, and too much heat. It is the best synthetic engine when it comes compatibility with primary synthetic motor oil. It is the leading full-synthetic oil that has been formulated with a robust anti-wear chemical that can last in the oil for longer than others. Its improved flow at start-up provides enhanced cold temperature performance.
Wear protection is this motor oil’s specialty. Therefore, if you are looking for engine longevity, then this engine is the best choice for you.
Some of the outstanding features and benefits of Valvoline 787007 SAE 5W-30 include:
– Superior performance in fighting friction, sludge, deposits, and oil leaks.
– It has added friction reducing chemicals to enhance horsepower and fuel efficiency.
– Higher cold temperatures protection thanks to its faster flow upon start-up.
– Has powerful anti-oxidants that will prevent deposit formation and engine-clogging sludge.
The Bottom Line
Without a doubt, looking for the highest quality synthetic engine oil is not an easy task. Nonetheless, this doesn’t mean that you can just pick any option on the market. Ensure that it has been rated well by other users and is made by a trusted brand. Stop guessing which one is the best! Keep an eye on our five choices that we have mentioned above, and for sure, you’ll be making a choice that you will not regret.